Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The wild ride continues

So, Yesterday-Monday, I went in to the doctor's office to get checked out thanks to the eventful weekend.  I was told to be there at 9 AM and would see a Dr. Robinson (who is not my Doc.)  I ended up waiting an hour and a half for a Dr. Cannon (also not my Doc.)  A nurse takes me back and weighs me, takes my blood pressure, and pricks my finger.  Twice.  "sorry, I didn't get you good enough the first time".  Good news is, my Iron is good 14.9!  Sweet.  "OK, take off your bottoms and Dr. Cannon will be in to check you"....What?  I didn't know I was getting "checked"?!  Ok, bottoms off.  Dr. Cannon's nurse comes in and talks with me a minute about what happened over the weekend and says " I know so and so told you to take your bottoms off, but I think we will end up taking blood or doing another ultrasound, so go ahead and get dressed, she will be in in a minute."  OK!  Bottoms on, I'm good with that :).   A few minutes later, Nurse:  "Sorry, I know I told you to get dressed, but she wants to check your cervix, so go ahead and take your bott..."  Bottoms off, I know.  Finally, Dr. Cannon comes in and I will save you the grimy details, but can you say giant Q-tips and FORCEPS!?  Ouch, very crampy situation.  So cervix is closed, but that doesn't mean anything anymore.  Dr. Cannon:  "well, it sound suspicious of a miscarriage..."  I'll say!  So after I was able to get dressed and stay dressed, I got to go visit my friend in the basement of the clinic.  This poor guys probably knows more about me than he would like to.  I see him more than the average patient.  Poor, poor guy.  Anyway, so he had to take 2 vials of blood this time, because I didn't have a donor card or something to show my blood type. I think its O+.  I'm much improved at the whole needle in arm thing.  I still need to lay down, but I can do so without feeling faint.  Ya, I usually feel faint, even when I lay down.  Actually I usually faint.  So now I am awaiting my results to see if I get to do another ultrasound.  I have no expectations.  I would just like to know if my little pea is still alive or not!  So, we wait.  What a ride.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe they didn't just do an ultra sound while you were there? just so you could know and not have to wait. Ah i'm so sorry Karin, hang in there!

ashnicole said...

I wouldn't have been as patient as you, good work. I hope everything turns out okay for you guys, you deserve the best! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out. Love ya!
ps- your blog is so cute. I'm glad we've all become bloggers

Casper said...

I know that there is a blood type that if your spouse is a specific blood type it makes the baby diabetic and you have to have shots from the get go... its an O.. just not sure what. Maybe have Ben get his blood typed too and ask the DR if that's the trouble?