Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Excitement... Not an initial reaction

Good day fellow Bloggers! Ben and I have been house hunting ever since he got this state job, and this is a great time to buy!... As long as you're not buying in southern Davis county.  Farmington to NSL is still so expensive to live in!  We really want to stay in this area though, where Ben works in SLC and I work here in B-town.  So after looking at well over 12 houses here in the area we decided unless we can deal with a 30 min commute to work (for Ben), we would have to find some compromise.  We found a little condo in Centerville.  It needs some work. Like a lot of work, both Bathrooms, new carpet, new tile, fix leaky plumbing, and the list goes on.  So, initially I am not excited, lets just say it isn't exactly livable by our standards.  You're probably thinking why the heck are they buying it!?  Well my friends we are going to buy it because it is only going to cost us $60,000!  Woot, that is a deal!  Ok, I will confess, I don't know for sure if they will accept 60, but we offered 64 and they said yes within 24 hrs, so we thought "hey, that was easy, maybe they will go lower?".  The worst they could do is say no right?  Then we just end up paying 64. No biggie, but we have to try. We can then very much afford to tear the place apart and put it back together the way we want ;)  I like that.  AAAnd, thanks to my very talented husband we can do it ourselves and avoid paying labor.  He does everything, plumbing, electrical, tile, paint, EVERYTHING!(and, I'm not a half bad assistant if I do say so myself)

So, although I was not excited initially, I am getting so stinking excited to make it our own.  Ben and I have a ton of fun exploring different ways to make it the sexiest condo ever ;)  We've already picked out our furniture (which we wont be able to buy right away cause of all the other projects, but still...).  I found this web site that sells expensive name brand furniture really cheap! 


Dining Room Table + Chairs (not the hutch or side bar)



Bedroom set:  Headboard + 2 nightstands 

And last but not least, our living room furniture
Complete set

That is 12 pieces of furniture for under $5 grand ya'll.  (the chairs are sold individually)  I'm sure there is a cheaper way, but not to get what we want, this is quality-I'm telling you.  And we would rather save and get what we want than settle for some DI furniture that is gross. 

I know thats kinda moving in the wrong direction, but we already know what colors, materials and so forth for the rest of the place, so why not have the whole thing planned out right?  Its so fun :)  I can't wait til I can post before and after's for you, then you will know how amazing we are ha ha just kidding, but seriously...

I guess at the end of the day, it sounds like I'm excited.  




 

1 comment:

Casper said...

I find it so interesting that we all still have the same tastes. Dave and I love the earth tones and wood. Seems like we all got the tastes from dad's house, and what mom has been turning hers into. I'm curious to see what Tazia is going to do.