Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Where in the world

Wow, it has been a really long time since I've been able to read up on my blogs!  It was nice to catch up on everyone's lives ;)  I shall catch you up on ours!  We have had an exciting couple of months and I am very excited to take you on a tour of what we call home.

We were finally able to move in June 7th, and did so in a day.  We didn't have much to move, although we had much more than we realized!  It seems when you put boxes in storage, they have babies and you end up with a butt load of stuff you forgot you even had.  Needless to say we were fortunate that a van and small trailer were sufficient in moving our stuff.  

Now on to the pictures!    Without further ado, Welcome to the Gardiner Home:


This is our cute new house!

The Living Room Before...


Bathroom/Hallway



Kitchen Before...





Basement Before...




This is my Laundry room, it looks the same :)  HUGE




This is our "weight room" that is at the moment weightless
Downstairs bathroom


Living Room after

Its kinda hard to tell with the lighting, but I textured the walls and painted a faux
it kinda looks like stone, there are veins and all that 
Kitchen after
We just painted and are planning on staining the cabinets to match our kitchen table
Basement after

Ben made this fireplace!  So proud, he is amazing
Our backyard, in my opinion very decent sized



I will continue to post pictures as we continue to update!  There is still tons to do, as you can see all bathrooms are outdated (3), and besides Tazia's room (yes she moved in) and the weight room we have 3 other bedrooms that need to be updated, one of which is a... nursery!!!  Yay!  I am now 4 months prego!  We are so excited and can't wait to find out what we get to have.  I of course would love a girl, and Ben has literally been praying for a boy.  Can you believe that!?  I guess we will see how hard he has been praying next month.  As far as being pregnant I am extremely lucky other than being sensitive to smells and losing my appetite I haven't had a sick day in 4 months!  I'm a few weeks into my second trimester now and I'm feeling great ;)  We are expecting this baby Feb 15!  Happy anniversary to us.

In other news, we are loving our neighborhood and ward.   We just received our callings I am now the Laurel adviser and Ben is the second counselor in the sunday school presidency ( what ever that is)

Well now that I have covered the basics in a crazy long post...

ta ta for now, we will update you on the baby soon, hopefully with little pictures















5 comments:

Emily said...

Yay!! So glad you updated, the house looks AMAZING!! You guys sure have been busy!! We really need to come by for a visit asap!

Ben and Karin said...

Yes, please do!!! We'll have to do a movie or ice cream or just anything ;)

Anonymous said...

The house is looking awesome!! No surpise there! Hope to see ya soon.
miss ya--rach

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you!! Your house looks amazing, I'm so jealous! Also im so excited for you to be a mom, and glad your feeling well.

Casper said...

Ya I'm not gonna lie I'm absolutely jealous of your house. It could eat mine. I love the browns and earth tones. Its home :) And I don't even live there!!!! :)