Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Back!

So... I'm back.  My computer for some reason was not letting me connect to the internet.  Holy frustrating!  Its sad how much we rely on technology to keep us occupied and happy.  Anyways so I'm back for now, and then in a WEEK, yes a week, when we move into our new house :)  I will be back to no internet.  Until we figure out installing it or whatever.  I'm not dreading the time away from the internet though.  I will be more than happy to spend any extra time working on my house and/or yard!  I'm so excited!  So basically thats all thats new with us.  Pretty much just waiting for our closing date.  I'm all packed up except the things we use on a daily basis.  It didn't take long.  We don't have too much to move.  I'm sure it will only take one load with a truck and trailer.  That will be nice!  Luckily I will have some time off work right when we close and I'll be able to get us all nestled in over a long weekend. Hooray!

Speaking of work... I am so stinking sore!  My sister in law paid to go do a 5K in Salt lake last Saturday and was unable to go, so she offered Ben and I to go.  We decided it would be fun...ugh.  What were we thinking!?  The last time I ran a 5K was a year ago at the Memorial Day one in WX.  We are so out of shape.  We weren't even half way through the first lap and mothers with strollers were passing us.  Ben just looked over at me and went "aw..."  We then busted a gut at our own expense.  Which by the way doesn't help you run faster, when you're laughing.  Any way by the end we had been passed by many a mother and stroller along with a paraplegic who kindly cheered us on as he passed us, and an old stinky grandpa (seriously, we could smell him.  That my friends does help you run faster, when you need to get up wind from stinky grandpa).  Although we are regretting it now, and trying to decide who's idea, and fault, it is; we had fun.  
So back to why work brought up the 5K.  I was working with Dr. Robins, Christopher Robins (haha cute huh, his mom named him after pooh's friend) and we always talk about food and how out of shape we are over our patients.  So naturally I told him about our idiotic idea to run a 5K without training... screw training, without being in shape and his advice was to make sure we keep stretching really well to help release the CITRIC acid from our muscles.  BAHAHAHAHAHA  the funny part is we both kinda stopped and  sat there for a moment.  I knew that wasn't quite right, and I could tell he was thinking about it too.  Then we both said "oh wait, LACTIC acid" at the same time.  Hilarious!  Oh I bet the patient was scared that our hands were in his mouth doing work when we had to stop what we were doing and think about that.  Yikes.  And even funnier, is that he said citric acid, considering we're always talking about food.  He must have really had food on the brain.  Good Grief!  I know that probably wasn't quite as funny for all of you, but you had to be there.  Picture yourself in the dental chair and reread that.  I absolutely love my job.  I work with the best people out there!  Woot Woot!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Good night I was wondering where you went! (you'd think you were moving or something?) anyways glad your back and you best be setting internet up at your new place stat just for blogging purposes :)

labrierley said...

My dentist and his assistant do that all the time. It doesn't bother me one bit.. i think it is kinda interesting to listen to the stories... :)Congrats on getting a house!! That is super exciting!!