Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Drum roll please...

I just heard some wonderful news today and had to share!!!

We got a house! They have accepted our contract and we are scheduled to close June 1st ;)
I am so thrilled!  All this waiting has definitely paid off.  I must say all the credit goes to my wonderful husband.
I was ready to have a house, um... over two years ago ha!  Good thing he has so much patients.  I gotta say though, lately its been hard to tell who's more anxious to move.  We have really enjoyed living with the Ence's over all, and although it has been a great thing for us in some ways we are so excited to establish a place we can really call our own.

And the best part is, well not the best part, but a big perk.  I will have my very own kitchen!  I cannot tell you how happy that makes me.  Ah, I am on cloud nine right now.

As soon as we start projects, I will post before and afters, I'm sure they'll be amazing!  The pictures will be slow coming.  Money doesn't grow on trees you know.  but this place is totally clean so we have all the time we need to save up and knock 'em down one room at a time.  That is what Ben is most excited for.  He can't wait to do some work on his OWN house.  It gets really tiresome working for everyone else.

We were skeptical about getting excited over this one, but I feel really good about sharing the good news!  Tuesday we'll have an inspection done and then an appraisal and from there it is smooth sailing (probably not, I hear nothing is too smooth in this crazy process) through financing and on to closing.   Buying a house is so much more complicated than you'd think, and it doesn't even sound easy to begin with!  There is so much to do!  I am so glad though to be doing it.  We got a great house in the heart of Bountiful, where we wanted to be, for an outstanding price.  Plus we can grown into it.  I really like that there is a lot of room to grow.

I will definitely keep you people up to date on this awesome adventure!  Wish us luck :)

1 comment:

Kelsey Cole said...

wow! so exciting that you are buying your first house! I can't wait for when that day comes for us:) cute blog too!