Thursday, February 9, 2012

Suck-o-la

Suck-o-la seemed an appropriate blog title for two reasons:

1. I suck and have not posted for a long time, and I suck again cause even though I am posting now...still no pictures of new couches or baby bump.  Don't think I will be posting them til after baby comes because my camera is packed in the hospital bag and I don't want to forget it so it stays in the bag.

2. The biggest reason for suck-o-la-ness is my last Dr. visit.

OK everyone, here is the update on the boy.  Still no official name and honestly I don't even like to talk to Ben about it anymore because he knows it is now a good way to push buttons and I end up mad.  We do have some options still but they have changed since last time.  I wont bother giving you the new ones because they will probably change again.  However, I am insistent that Chet remain on the list.  So it is.

Aside from the name game, Before my Dr. appointment on Monday I was 50% effaced and nothing was said as to whether or not I was dilated, but we were all happy cause that meant things were looking good and baby was still right on track...I was still on track.  So Monday at my appointment, she measured and we listened to his heart beat and she also did an ultrasound and everything is looking perfectomundo!  His head is down, he is moving down, he looks and sounds great!  Baby is doing wonderfully.  So we reach the point of "go ahead and scoot down"  and she says I am still only 50% effaced and barely dilated to 1 cm.  UGH!  So basically she said that (because my cervix is stupid)  She will not be inducing me by the 15th unless something big happens by my next appointment.  Bummer.

She then asked me if I was still having intercourse and that that could be really helpful in moving my cervix along.  Ben must have called her with a sweet bribe or something.  When I told him later what she said, his response was "well, how do you think she gets her referrals?"  Some feast before the famine I guess... anyway so my Dr. said we're looking more like the 20th.  I am having a hard time with this.  I felt so ready and excited about the 15th, I felt good and ready... its only 5 more days but for some reason it is the END of the world!!!   I am grateful that baby is doing perfectly, and I should not dwell on when he comes, but its stupid.  My mom then informed me that she was 5 days late with her first.  I never thought he would come late, the Dr. said she would induce me by his due date if he wasn't here already.  I guess thats what is hard, I had not thought of it.  So its kind of a curve ball.

I am glad he is doing good, I will just think happy cervix thoughts and maybe it wont hate me any longer!  Pray for me people, and a soft cervix :)

4 comments:

paige said...

Karin you are so funny. I can hear your frustration in your post. Maybe you will be like me and your water will break but the baby will never drop so you'll have to have a c-section. haha nothing went according to plan for me. :) I think you'll be fine and baby will come how he wants. I can't wait to meet him. I'll be expecting a text or post or something saying you are on your way to have a baby. I'm so excited for you! You guys will be great parents.

Melissa Smith said...

Karin you are going to have adorable kids no matter what they're named. Who's your OB? Anyways, try going to do some exercise and sex isn't a bad idea since it doesn't penetrate and it will help you efface faster :) and its fun.

Emily said...

Hang in there! at least you know he will be here by the 20th! I'm sure ben is loving macy right now haha he will be here before you know it!

Casper said...

You'll be fine mama bear. Just keep hanging in there and he will come when he is meant to. I want him here too, I'd much rather canoodle baby bear than rub your tummy. But he will get here soon enough. Tell ben think rabbit LMAO!!