Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good find

I just ran into this on good 'ol Facebook and decided it would be a worthy goal for the year.  My mom's cousin posted a link to a blog:

http://youcanbethebestyou.blogspot.com/

Its the Best you challenge. I like it because its not just about being fit, it has goals to help you be a well rounded person.  Aside from eating right and exercising it has goals like reading, journaling, and other personal goals.  This woman has others pay money and at the end of a few months there is a winner, she distributes the money that you pay to those winners.  I am not going to send her money, or even keep track of points this year.  I thought that I would have the list somewhere I will see it as a reminder and just work on creating new healthier habits.  If it goes well and I like it, I may try Her next challenge where I pay the money and what not.  As for now here is the list of Daily habits that are on her challenge that I hope to use:

Drink 48 oz. of water
45 min. of exercise
2 servings of fruit/2 servings of vegetables
no soda or alcohol
no sugar
no fast food or unhealthy snacks
no eating after 8 pm
read 15 min.
write in your journal/blog
one personal goal

These are DAILY goals.  She does a point system, which is how she decides who wins at the end of the challenge.  I will be using them daily, not using a point system, just as guidelines for how I plan my day ;)  Give it a try, it may work out better than the bunches of other goals we make and fail at.  haha  I like that this is a nice bundle deal and its an everyday goal. Plenty of chances to succeed!

No comments: